Today is my 10th day of blogging and I will now tell you my 10 steps to start blogging successfully.
- Design your blog by choosing an interesting theme. I have found a few cool templates on wordpress.com.
- Tell people what they’re expecting from your blog. This will give them an opportunity to decide whether or not they would like to follow your blog.
- Make your first post, with pictures. Pictures always help. Don’t forget to write a bit about yourself.
- You can play with the themes until you find the one that is JUST right for your writing style.
- Make sure that you have categorised and tagged your blog, so that people can search you up.
- Create pictures with interesting effects or you can draw a picture. (Here are some apps and websites that can help you: candy cam, YouCam perfect, Pic colleague (http://pic-collage.com)and an interesting website called Picmonkey http://www.picmonkey.com.
- Aim to add a new blog post on a regular basis! (Writing every day keeps people excited).
- Approve comments, when you get them, but if they’re rude delete them.
- If you’re talking about something that has a website name include that in your blog post.
- Finally, don’t give up! Find something else to write about, something exciting, something that is important to you.
So those are my ten simple blogging steps.👌👍 Hope you found them useful.
P.S. An important step, added by my dad: be careful with your grammar and spelling!